Amnion-derived tissue contains growth factors that promote epithelial wound healing on the surface of the eye. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-scarring effects make it extremely beneficial for use in a surgery setting.
Membrane Patch for Vision Benefits
- Off the shelf for immediate use
- Stores at room temperature
- Adheres to the ocular surface
- Hydrates quickly
- Dual-layered for more tensile strength
- Five-year shelf life
AmDrop™ products are primarily amniotic liquid allografts derived from the amniotic components of the placenta to advance soft tissue repair, replacement, and reconstruction. It is classified as minimally manipulated under FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 1271 and section 361 of the PHS. Amnion-derived fluid and membranes are rich in the essential components necessary for tissue regeneration and repair including:
- Growth Factors
- Hyalauronic Acid
- Mesenchymal components
” I have been suffering from dry eyes for over 30 years and have tried all modes of treatments. Amdrop™ soothed my eyes immediately and improved my dry symptoms throughout the day when using the drops once or twice per day. I now prescribe Amdrop™ for my recalcitrant dry eye patients.”
Ready to Use
AmDrop™ amniotic fluids are delivered in sterile vials as ready-to-use, flowable grafts; no thawing or additional preparation is required.
Stable shelf life
AmDrop™ is stored at room temperature (50-86°F/10-30°C) until ready for use. Product has a one-year shelf life.
AmDrop™ has been shown to suppress the immune response and modulate inflammation.
AmDrop™ is provided in a sterile vial in a clear peel-pouch and may be introduced to the sterile field.
Human tissue donors undergo a stringent quality assurance review process. Additionally, donor blood testing and screening verifies samples are negative or nonreactive for the following communicable disease markers:
- HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS (HIV): HIV-1/2 Antibodies, Nucleic Acid Test for HIV-1 RNA
- HEPATITIS B VIRUS (HBV): HBV Surface Antigen, HBV Core Antibody (Total), Nucleic Acid Test for HBV DNA
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS (HCV): HCV Antibody, Nucleic Acid Test for HCV RNA
- HUMAN T CELL LYMPHOTROPHIC VIRUS I/II: HTLV-I/II Antibody
- SYPHILIS: Rapid Plasma Reagin Screen, Treponemal Specific Test
- WEST NILE VIRUS: Nucleic Acid Test for WNV RNA